- Clean, dry and unbroken bottles
- Please remove lids, caps, and plastic rings
- Labels can stay on
- Only blue glass should be separated; all other colors can go together
- We accept plastics #1, #2 and #5. They can be collected together (no sorting necessary!)
- Clean plastic only! No food or residue
- No need to remove plastic rings
- If you can easily remove labels, please do so, but it’s not required.
- Please flatten as much as possible – plastic takes up alot of space!
- Most commonly includes “tin” cans (NOTE: also includes aluminum foil & aluminum cat food cans)
- If possible, please flatten to help us save space. You can flatten cans by using a can opener on the bottom round section and removing it
- You can use a magnet to check if a metal can is aluminum or steel — if it is attracted to the magnet, it is most likely steel
- Aluminum beverage cans only. Please sort aluminum foil, cat food cans and pie plates with your steel cans.
- Clean and dry cans
- Crushed if possible (saves storage space)
- Must be corrugated (amazon boxes, appliance boxes, etc.) that has two (or more) distinct layers separated by an air gap.
- Cereal boxes, beer cases, etc., are NOT classified as cardboard. These are paper products and cannot be recycled with cardboard
- Cardboard should be folded and cut so it stacks flat and is smaller than a four-foot square